A-2508-100M FACED TIP
Part #: 185-0160
Request 3D Model
Refractory metal tips are designed to withstand greater heat and pressure at the expense of some conductivity. They are used to spot weld high resistance base metals or to achieve desired heat balance when welding dissimilar materials, or for resistance brazing.
RMWA Class 2 (C18200) material - a copper, chromium material recommend for high production operations spot welding hot or cold rolled steels, galvanized and coated materials.
- The overall length is 2.000 IN
- The outside diameter is 0.625 IN
- The part mounts via a 5RW standard taper which is suitable for weld forces ranging between 800 to 1500 pounds of force.
- The A nose or Pointed face tip is a general purpose weld face suitable for most spot welding applications.
- The weld face is 0.25 IN
- The refractory metal face is RWMA Class 14 (100% molybdenum)(ASTM B387 Type 360) which is typically used for resistance welding or resistance brazing braided or sold copper conductors to ferrous or nonferrous terminals, lugs or fittings.
|Face Refractory Material||RWMA Class 14 - 100M|
|Base RWMA Material Type||RWMA Class 2 - C18200|
|Welding Face Dia.||0.25|
|Refractory Metal Thickness||0.375|
|Unit of Measure||IN|
Notice for California Residents
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.p65warnings.ca.gov