B-2508-100W FACED TIP
Part #: 185-1170
Request 3D Model
Refractory metal tips are designed to withstand greater heat and pressure at the expense of some conductivity. They are used to spot weld high resistance base metals or to achieve desired heat balance when welding dissimilar materials, or for resistance brazing.
RMWA Class 2 (C18200) material - a copper, chromium material recommend for high production operations spot welding hot or cold rolled steels, galvanized and coated materials.
- The overall length is 2.000 IN
- The outside diameter is 0.625 IN
- The part mounts via a 5RW standard taper which is suitable for weld forces ranging between 800 to 1500 pounds of force.
- The B nose or Dome face tip is the most commonly used weldface because the design accomodates modest misalignment problems as contact can still be made on the radius during welding.
- The weld face is 0.125 IN
- The refractory metal face is RWMA Class 13 (100% tungsten) which does not alloy appreciably with non-ferrous materials. Therefore, it is commonly used for cross-wire welding of materials such as copper and brass.
|Face Refractory Material||RWMA Class 13 - 100W|
|Base RWMA Material Type||RWMA Class 2 - C18200|
|Welding Face Dia.||0.125|
|Refractory Metal Thickness||0.250|
|Unit of Measure||IN|
Notice for California Residents
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.p65warnings.ca.gov